Good news everyone – our office will be re-opening THIS Friday, May 29th! We are in the process of re-scheduling months of missed appointments – PLEASE refrain from calling our office about rescheduling – we will call YOU! We are excited to see you again and are so grateful you are looking forward to seeing us! However, we are working through scheduling hundreds of missed appointments and we kindly ask for your patience with this process – we promise we will get to you! As always, if you are experiencing an orthodontic emergency, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Please see below for updates regarding what your next appointment will look like, as well as some office updates we’ve made to keep our patients, families, and team as safe as possible!
- COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire completed at every visit for each patient (treatment rescheduled if the patient has a fever > 100.4 degrees or if anyone in your household is sick)
- New touch-free patient check-in station and social distancing markers throughout office
- Limited waiting room capacity adhering to 6-foot social distancing guidelines
- Plexiglass sneeze-guards installed at front desk area
- All team members, patients, parents, and guests must have masks or face coverings (removed when in the treatment chair so we can work in your mouth of course!)
- Toothbrushing station closed to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses – now turned into a full-time handwashing station! Please brush before your appointment!
- Pre-treatment 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 20 seconds (helps to kill bacteria and viruses)
- We are now completely paperless with DIGITAL CHARTING to prevent the potential transmission of germs and viruses throughout the office! This was a big undertaking that we are very excited about!
- Sitting every-other chair in clinic to allow for proper social distancing
- We will look a little bit more like Darth Vader or astronauts with some of our new PPE for certain procedures 🙂
- New high-volume suction equipment to help mitigate aerosols during braces removal appointments
- New high-quality medical grade air filtration machines installed in the clinical area to thoroughly clean the air in addition to our standard office furnace/air filtration
- All disinfectants used in the office are medical grade and EPA approved to be effective against SARS-CoV-2
- Hand sanitizer placed easily available throughout the office for patient and guest use
- All magazines, toys, coffee, and water removed from waiting room
- Virtual visits were so successful that we will continue to do them for certain procedures! Thanks for the great feedback!
Dr. Spencer and the UNO Team 🙂