What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Up North Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to personally welcome you to our office! Dr. Spencer will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment himself.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth
- Digital photographs of your face and teeth
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and we work hard to make orthodontics affordable. We will file insurance claims on your behalf in order to maximize your benefits. Your insurance company will reimburse you directly.
What does my investment include?
Your records investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consist of x-rays, digital photographs, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
Your treatment investment includes:
- Active treatment fee (for either early treatment or complete comprehensive treatment) includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc., a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
- Appliance loss or breakage.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, provide information about your treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays as the day progresses.
Please notify us in advance of your scheduled appointment if you have any other orthodontic issues such as broken or misplaced appliances, loose brackets or bands. These type of things require additional time and we may not have adequate time to address all your needs. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.